Frequently Asked Questions

How do I change the car on my policy?

If you want to transfer your current cover to another car, you can make the change online. Log in to your account then:

  1. Find the policy you want to transfer and select View policy
  2. Scroll down to Vehicle and select Change vehicle
  3. Choose the date for the changes to begin then select Continue
  4. Enter the new car details and select Continue
  5. Change the Insured for and Basic excess amounts (if you need to) then select Continue
  6. Check all your changes are correct then select Update my policy.
  7. If you need to make an additional payment to transfer your cover, enter your payment details and select Pay now (payments can take up to three business days to complete).

If you want to transfer your insurance and change the level of cover (say from Third Party Property to Comprehensive), call us.

How helpful was this answer?

Cover is subject to standard underwriting guidelines and policy terms. Limits apply. NRMA Insurance is issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 trading as NRMA Insurance.

This is general advice only so to see if this product is right for you, consider your own circumstances and the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)