Frequently Asked Questions

I'm going overseas. How do I get an International Driving Permit?

You can apply for an International Driving Permit (IDP) online via NRMA* website and it'll be posted to you within 5 business days.

To apply for an IDP in person, you'll need to book an appointment at a participating branch.

* National Roads and Motorists' Association Limited, ABN 77 000 010 506, trading as NRMA, is a separate and independent company from Insurance Australia Limited, ABN 11 000 016 722, trading as NRMA Insurance. .

How helpful was this answer?

Cover is subject to standard underwriting guidelines and policy terms. Limits apply. NRMA Insurance is issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 trading as NRMA Insurance.

This is general advice only so to see if this product is right for you, consider your own circumstances and the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)