Frequently Asked Questions

An unidentified or uninsured vehicle caused the accident, what should I do?

  • If you were injured in a motor incident that was caused by a vehicle and you didn't get any details, or if the vehicle isn't insured, you may still be able to claim. You'll need to contact the State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) CTP Assist on 1300 656 919
  • For vehicles registered in another state, you'll need to contact the relevant CTP regulatory authority in that state to find out details of the CTP insurer
  • If you're not sure which vehicle caused the accident, you can call the SIRA CTP Assist on 1300 656 919

How helpful was this answer?

Cover is subject to standard underwriting guidelines and policy terms. Limits apply. NRMA Insurance is issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 trading as NRMA Insurance.

This is general advice only so to see if this product is right for you, consider your own circumstances and the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)