Frequently Asked Questions

Why can't I claim my unused portion of my rego and CTP when my car is a total loss?

The amount that your car is insured for includes all on-road costs, which means that when we pay you we remove these costs from your settlement amount.

You can apply to the RMS and your CTP insurer for refunds of these costs.

Any CTP refunds have to happen after the car registration is cancelled.

How helpful was this answer?

Cover is subject to standard underwriting guidelines and policy terms. Limits apply. NRMA Insurance is issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 trading as NRMA Insurance.

This is general advice only so to see if this product is right for you, consider your own circumstances and the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)