Frequently Asked Questions

I'm moving, do I need to have two insurance policies to cover both addresses during this time?

If you currently insure your home or contents and you're selling to move into a new home, we cover:

  • Your new home from when you enter the contract to buy it
  • Your current home

Until whatever is sooner:

  • Your new home is sold, or
  • 60 days has passed from when you entered a contract to buy your new permanent home

Your contents are covered at both your current and new home for up to 60 days.

You'll need to give us the details of your new home within 14 days from when you start moving.

To learn more about what you're covered for, refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).

How helpful was this answer?

Cover is subject to standard underwriting guidelines and policy terms. Limits apply. NRMA Insurance is issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 trading as NRMA Insurance.

This is general advice only so to see if this product is right for you, consider your own circumstances and the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)