- These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to the SGIC “$100 Virtual Visa eGift Card” offer (“Offer”). Eligible Recipients agree to be bound by these conditions.
- Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722, trading as SGIC (Level 13, Tower Two, Darling Park, 201 Sussex Street, Sydney NSW 2000) (“SGIC”) has engaged Digital Glue Australia Pty Ltd ABN 36 127 466 899 (Level 5, 36 Grosvenor St, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia) (“Digital Glue”), to undertake the fulfilment of the eGift Cards.
- The Offer commences at 12:00am on 12 September 2021 and closes on 11:59pm 24 October 2021 (“Offer Period”).
- The Offer consists of one (1) eGift Card valued at AUD100.00 issued by Visa (“eGift Card”).
- The Offer is only available during the Offer Period to customers that have a current SGIC CTP policy on a vehicle, who proceed to take out a new SGIC Comprehensive Car Insurance or SGIC Comprehensive Plus Car Insurance Policy on that same vehicle (excluding motorcycles). The Offer only applies to the extent that either: (i) the registration number of the vehicle, or (ii) the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) number of the vehicle is the same on both policies. Note: An individual can verify who their vehicle’s current CTP insurance provider is by entering their vehicle details on the following South Australian Government website: https://account.ezyreg.sa.gov.au/account/check-registration.htm.
- The Offer excludes any existing policies or any renewals or mid-term amendments of existing policies.
- For the purposes of the Offer, an Eligible Policy is only a new SGIC:
a. Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy; or
b. Comprehensive Plus Car Insurance Policy.
- An Eligible Policy is not any other SGIC policy including:
a. Comprehensive Motorcycle Insurance;
b. Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance;
c. Third Party Fire & Theft Car Insurance;
d. Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance;
e. Business Insurance;
f. Farm Insurance;
g. Fleet Insurance;
h. Motor Trade Insurance;
i. Veteran, Vintage and Classic Car Insurance;
i. Motorcycle & Scooter Insurance; and
i. Caravan Insurance
- Eligible Recipients must meet all of the following entry requirements (“Entry Requirements”) to automatically qualify for participation in the Offer:
a. at the time of taking out the new Eligible Policy, the vehicle insured under the new Eligible Policy must also be insured under a current SGIC CTP insurance policy;
b. the Eligible Recipient must take out a new Eligible Policy (as specified in paragraph 7) during the Offer Period;
c. the new Eligible Policy must be paid for on or before the Eligible Policy’s due date as stated on the Certificate of Insurance. Where the Eligible Policy is on a pay-by-the-month basis, the Eligible Recipient must successfully pay for their first monthly instalment (equivalent to a double instalment) in full on or before the Eligible Policy’s due date as stated on the Certificate of Insurance (in both cases, the “First Insurance Payment”);
d. the Eligible Policy must not be cancelled within 45 days from making the First Insurance Payment; and
e. the Eligible Recipient must have a valid email address listed on their account (see paragraph 12 for further details), (together, the “Entry Requirements”).
- Limit of one (1) eGift Card per Eligible Policy taken out during the Offer Period. Where the Eligible Policy has joint policyholders, the eGift Card will be sent to the email address of the primary policyholder only, and for the purposes of this Offer, such primary policyholder will be the Eligible Recipient.
- By taking out an Eligible Policy during the Offer Period and otherwise meeting the Entry Requirements, the Eligible Recipient agrees:
a. to receiving a one-off email (to the email address referenced in paragraph 9.e) about the eGift Card; and
b. that such email will not contain an unsubscribe link.
- In the event an Eligible Recipient does not satisfy paragraph 9.e of the Entry Requirements at the time of taking out the Eligible Policy, such Eligible Recipient will have up to 30 days to provide or update their email address to SGIC from the date they take out their Eligible Policy. Email addresses can be updated by the Eligible Recipient, within the 30-day time period, by:
a. contacting SGIC on 133 233; or
b. accessing Self Service Centre at https://www.insuranceonline.nrma.com.au/oss/GTConnect/UnifiedAcceptor/SelfServiceCentre.Main/brandId/sgic.
- Once an Eligible Recipient has satisfied the Entry Requirements in paragraph 9, SGIC, via Digital Glue, will email the Eligible Recipient’s nominated email address within 45 days after the date the Eligible Recipient makes the First Insurance Payment, to confirm that they have qualified for participation in the Offer. This email will include a unique claim code (“Unique Claim Code”) and instructions on how the Eligible Recipient can redeem the eGift Card. The Eligible Recipient must redeem this eGift Card within 30 days of receiving this email.
- Should an Eligible Recipient wish to not be automatically entered into the Offer, such Eligible Recipient must call 133 233 within 30 days of taking out the Eligible Policy, and let the SGIC consultant know of their preference.
- If an Eligible Recipient does not receive an email with a Unique Claim Code within 45 days after making the First Insurance Payment, such Eligible Recipient should contact SGIC on 133 233 at their earliest convenience.
- Each Eligible Recipient acknowledges that the eGift Card can only be used online and/or over the phone with vendors that comply with the relevant eGift Card vendor’s terms and conditions, which are as follows:
d. any dispute about goods or services purchased with the eGift Card must be resolved with the relevant retailer and not SGIC. To the extent permitted by law, Digital Glue and SGIC’s liability is limited to replacing faulty eGift Cards; and
e. please refer any eGift Card transaction enquiries to email@example.com. Neither SGIC nor Digital Glue is able to reverse any approved transactions on the eGift Card.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), SGIC and Digital Glue (including their officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way in connection with this Offer, including but not limited to:
a. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under SGIC or Digital Glue’s control);
b. any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference;
c. any eGift Card that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of SGIC or Digital Glue;
d. any tax liability incurred by an Eligible Recipient (Eligible Recipients should seek independent financial advice); or
e. accepting and/or using the eGift Card. Nothing in these conditions of entry restricts, excludes, modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- SGIC reserves the right to withdraw or substitute all or part of this Offer with another offer of equal or greater value at SGIC’s sole discretion. Eligible Recipients will not be entitled to any additional compensation in the event that the eGift Card has been substituted at equal or greater value.
- Once the eGift Card has been despatched via email, neither SGIC nor Digital Glue will not be responsible for and will be discharged for any delay or failure to deliver the eGift Card.
- SGIC is not responsible for any undelivered emails due to an entrant’s spam filters or email settings.
- Proof of identity, residency and eligibility is at the discretion of SGIC. In the event that an Eligible Recipient cannot provide suitable proof, they may forfeit the Offer in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- SGIC reserves the right to disqualify any persons that provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this Offer.
- SGIC (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this Offer, including in circumstances where an event beyond the control of SGIC corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Offer.
- The Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.