South Australian CTP Insurance Regulator
The Regulator is responsible for the oversight, monitoring and reporting of approved CTP insurer activities in the South Australian market, ensuring that a fair and affordable CTP Insurance Scheme (Scheme) is maintained, continuing to improve Scheme outcomes for the injured, providing consumer protections for motorists, and having oversight of the CTP Insurance premium setting process.
The Regulator is responsible for leading the ongoing development of an efficient, competitive, and viable CTP Insurance industry in South Australia.
On the South Australian CTP Insurance Regulator's website you can find out what CTP Insurance is and details about premiums. On this website you'll also be able to find out how to make a claim and copies of the claim forms
At SGIC, we are committed to working with you to meet your needs and resolve your claim in a timely and fair manner in accordance with the law under the Regulator rules.
At any stage of the claim process you can choose to seek legal advice. The law limits the legal costs that you can recover from a CTP insurer. For further information please click on the link.
South Australian Government Services
The South Australian Government provides a number of services through other departments and agencies. For your convenience we have included the key ones here – just click on the name of the department to visit their website.
- Lifetime Support Authority: administers the Lifetime Support Scheme (LSS). LSS is a no fault scheme which provides necessary and reasonable treatment, care and support for people who sustain serious lifelong injuries in a motor vehicle crash
- EzyReg: The system to view and renew a vehicle registration in South Australia
- Service SA: provides access to a range of government services and information
- sa.gov.au – Transport: for details about transport, travel and motoring related information in South Australia.
- Motor Accident Commission (MAC) manages non-commercial community programs, including sponsorship of road safety research and communications aimed at safer road user behaviour from 1 July 2016