Comprehensive Car Insurance

In under 10 mins online

A small price to pay for complete peace of mind

Here in SA, we love our cars, which is why taking care of them for as little as $1 a day, makes a lot of sense.

Our Comprehensive Car Insurance covers your car for accidental damage, a collision or crash, severe weather events, fire and even theft, vandalism or malicious acts. And, our cover even extends to your modifications and accessories, like alloy wheels, your sunroof and even your custom sound system1.

  • Options to reduce your premium by increasing your excess
  • Cover for anyone who drives your car2
  • Lifetime guarantee on workmanship of authorised repairs
  • Cover for modifications, options and accessories1
  • Emergency repairs up to $8003
  • Hire car after theft or attempted theft up to $65 a day up to 21 days
  • New for new replacement if your car is written off in its first 2 years
  • Liability cover up to $20 million
  • Tools of trade up to $1,500 (business use vehicles only)
  • Towing from the scene of an incident to a repairer or other place we recommend
Get a quote

It’s quicker than riding the Rundle Mall Pigs

Want a little more? We give you options.

Add hire car

We’ll pay the cost of a hire car, up to $65 a day for up to 14 days, if your car is involved in an incident other than theft.

Add windscreen

Get your windscreen, sunroof or window glass, repaired or replaced without paying the basic excess.

Add No Claim Bonus protection

The first claim you make in what would otherwise be a claim free period won’t affect your No Claim Bonus4.

The full details

Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Policy Booklet

Target Market Determination

Premium, Excess, Discounts & Helpline Benefits Guide

Common questions

No, Roadside assistance is not included in our policies.

No, we will cover anyone who drives your car.

We’ll cover under 25 year old drivers in the event of an at-fault claim, even if they’re not listed on the policy. However, it will impact your excess if they (or any driver with less than 2 years driving experience) have an at-fault claim.

No, you don’t need to list a learner driver on your policy. However, if a learner driver is the registered owner of a vehicle, they must be listed as the insured on the policy. If the learner has an accident, your excess will be calculated on the fully licensed driver accompanying the learner. Once the learner gains a provisional (P) licence, they can be added to your insurance policy. Once a learner driver has their provisional licence, their age must be added to the CTP policy for the vehicle.

You can log into your account to update your policy or call us on 133 233, and we’ll be happy to help.

Yes! Our brand might be over 40 years old, but we’re far from old-fashioned. If, for instance, you drive for a ride-sharing service, like UberX, we’ve also got you covered5.

Simply nominate ‘ridesharing’ when asked how you use your car. And, if you’re an existing customer, it’s easy to update your policy; just call us on 133 233, and we’ll be happy to help.

Things you should know

On agreed value policies, cover is limited to the agreed value. Cars must be roadworthy and registrable.

Additional excess applies to drivers under 25 or with less than 2 years’ driving experience. Cover is subject to standard underwriting guidelines and policy terms. Cover applies to Motor Insurance policies, excludes CTP, commercial policies and specialty products.

Following an incident we insure.

Any applicable discounts may be subject to minimum premiums. Discounts only apply until a minimum premium is reached. When we determine your premium on renewal, we may also limit any increases or decreases in your premium by considering factors such as your previous year’s premium amount.

References to Uber or UberX on this website or any other SGIC branded materials do not constitute an endorsement by Uber of SGIC, nor an endorsement of Uber by SGIC.