Farm Insurance

Whether you’re a grazier, grower, dairy farmer or have a hobby farm. Our Farm Insurance has the covers to protect your farm.

Call SGIC on 132 818 to speak with our Farm Insurance specialists today.

Most popular types of cover for farmers

Choosing the right covers for your business can be complicated. To help you with making these important decisions, we have provided you with the cover that most businesses like yours choose:

  • Fire and Defined Events. Our Fire and Other Defined Events cover can protect you against loss or damage to your business tools, equipment, contents, stock or a building in the event of a fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, impact including falling trees, malicious damage and storm damage at the business premises  
  • Personal Home Buildings and Contents. Covers your home buildings and contents  
  • Burglary and Theft. Cover protects you from an unknown person(s) breaking into your building(s) and stealing stock, contents or equipment. It also provides cover to farm contents stolen in the open air
  • Public and Products Liability. Covers claims against you for negligent acts in connection with your business that results in personal injury or property damage
  • Motor Vehicles and Mobile Equipment. Cover protects your working or personal vehicles including tractors, quad bikes and other mobile plant and machinery

  • Farm Property in Transit. Cover provides protection for your livestock, equipment, produce and supplies as a result of fire, flood, theft and collision or overturning while in transit
  • Machinery. Covers breakdown of cash registers, cool rooms, display fridges or air conditioners
  • Electronic Equipment. Covers you for breakdown of office equipment such as computers, printers, fax machine and phone equipment
  • Personal Accident and Illness. Cover protects your income should you suffer an injury or illness that prevents you from completing your normal work duties. This can provide cover for the self employed where there is no access to sick leave
  • Tax Audit. Provides you cover for the cost of professional fees resulting from an audit or investigation which relates to you paying a tax
  • Additional working cost. Covers the additional costs as a result of loss, damage or destruction of your pastures by Fire, or property insured under the fire and defined events cover

Important documents

Download the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)

Download the Target Market Determination (TMD)

Including your home in your business insurance?

Download the Domestic Home Buildings for Farm Insurance Key Facts Sheet (KFS)

Download the Domestic Home Contents for Farm Insurance Key Facts Sheet (KFS)

Request a quote

Call 132 818

Our Farm Insurance provides you with

  • Value for money
  • Immediate cover
  • Minimal paperwork
  • Flexible payment options
  • Reward and recognition
  • Tailored cover